Must say, I like to have (and eat!) various home made jams. Peach, apricot, blackberry, strawberry (yummy!), cherries, pears, some mixes with apples... There are only few I like the most. My son definitely love it too, this is really nice open a own glass with strawberries for example and eat it with hot tea!

For everyone who know this feeling and love home jams, I want to share one small tip. When you make your jam, just after it become boil, add to your jam lemon juice. Yes, you heard right, the lemon juice. For say 5 pounds of jam I take one fresh lemon and just press juice out.

Why? Easy! Your jam will be colorful! Because jam color become dark just after jam boil, adding the lemon juice prevent jam be dark. Try it!

1 comments:

I love homemade jam and used to make it fairly often. I'm afraid I've gotten lazy in my old age and now I just like to eat every one else's. LOL. My daughter has an employee that makes several varieties that she got me for Christmas last year and I am still enjoying them.

October 16, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home